Learn to Cook Thai & Enjoy Thailand

Our 90 day student visa cooking program allows you to complete the 4 weeks, 6 weeks, and 7 weeks Advanced Cooking Courses at your pace.  You can do it quickly in as little as 4 weeks OR you can take your time over a period of 90 days.  This way, you can learn to cook Thai and enjoy Amazing Thailand.

Depending on what country you are from, it is possible to obtain up to 90 days as a tourist here in Thailand.  Upon satisfactory acceptance into our Thai Culinary Chef program, we will provide you with a Letter of Invitation.  You then take this letter to the Thai Embassy in your country.  From the Thai Embassy, depending on what country you are from, you might be given a 60 day tourist visa.  Upon arriving in Thailand, you can then apply for an additional 30 day extension.  Cost of the extension is 1,900 baht, and we will provide you with what you need to apply for the extension here in Bangkok.

Below is a list of countries showing number of days automatically granted to visitors from each country.  Only visitors from 48 countries are granted a full 30 days upon arrival by flight.  If you are from certain countries, only 15 days are granted.  Those visitors from certain countries (namely those showing a zero) must apply for a visa from the Thai Embassy in their home country before traveling to Thailand.  Consult with the Thai Embassy in your country to ascertain how many days you will be able to stay in Thailand—it will vary depending on what country you are from.

To see how many days you can enter Thailand without a visa or if you are required to have a visa before arriving, please click HERE.

A tourist visa will be issued to applicants wishing to enter the Kingdom for tourism purposes. You are not allowed to work or conduct business with a tourist visa.

Updated November 2010

A tourist visa can be used to stay in Thailand for up to 30 days or up to 60 days and can be extended by 30 days at the nearest Immigration office. Normally there is a fee of 1,900 Baht (as per 2008-01-17) but until March 31st 2011 they are free.

A tourist visa is needed when a person plans to stay in Thailand for tourism purposes longer than is allowed when entering under the visa exemption, or if a person is from a country that has no visa exemption agreements with Thailand.

To see which countries are covered by visa exemption agreements and what the allowed period of stay is please see here  — Complete country list

Questions about Tourist visa?


This type of visa will be issued to applicants who wishing to enter Thailand for tourism purposes .


– Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months
– Visa application form completely filled out
– One recent( 4 x 6 cm.) photograph of the applicant
– Air ticket or eTicket paid in full
– Financial means (20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family)
– Consular officers reserve the rights to request for additional documents as deemed necessary


USD 30.00 per entry or equivalent (as per 2008-01-17)
(Visa fee may be changed without prior notice)


The validity of a visa is three months or six months. That means that you must utilize your visa within 90 or 180 days (dependent on number of entries) .


Upon arrival, travellers with this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 30 days or 60 days.
Nationals of countries which are on Thailand’s Tourist Visa Exemption list or have bilateral agreements on visa exemption with Thailand will be permitted to stay for a period of not exceeding 60 days.  Nationals from other countries who hold a tourist visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 30 days

List of countries


Those who wish to stay longer or may wish to change their status of visa must file an application for permission at the immigration office at Government Center Building B, No. 120 Moo 3, Chaeng Wattana Road Soi 7, Thung Song Hong, Laksi, Bangkok 10210.

The extension of stay as well as the change of certain type of visa is solely at the discretion of the Immigration officer, the immigration officer may require sight of documentation where are staying (rent agreement/hotel bill/letter from friend etc)

7. NOTE:

Passport holders of India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Lebanon, Sudan, Algeria, Libya, Yemen, Egypt and Palestinian States are requested to file for application at the Thai Embassy/Consulate-General where they have their permanent residence (home country).